Tuesday, May 09, 2006

I'm not dead yet

Yes, Lazarus has returned. Not quite mercury-free, but better off than a bluefin tuna. At least until the blinding flash of light, that is. But then, I'm wistful today; make of my mood-inspired free associative abstractions what you will.

Living in this place and time is strange and mundane and magical and beautiful and hideous. We're all waiting for something...or maybe just I am, but it feels like a communal emotion. Or perhaps I'm caught in a feedback loop.

Here in San Francisco it was so beautifully sunny out there today; easy to forget the semi-elected Emperor Of America (TM) waving Old Gory at this week's Threat To Our Way Of Life while the 20th century's chickens come home to roost and the CIA-trained consumerism-funded Zealot Machine keeps feeding more young fools to Allahburton, to whom hemoglobin and oil are both just fuel. After all, gods and sport utility vehicles are always thirsty.

Black gold; Texas tea: In a brilliant twist of irony, the Cubans are getting in bed with the Chinese, and we've banned ourselves from the bed. So our long-pointless embargo is now against none other than ourselves. Brilliant!

And the sabers and scimitars rattle at each other and all Options Are On The Table though the table was made in China from the last quarter-acre of rainforest timber and bought on credit with a home equity loan on the World Trade Center. Is it just me, or are the Vandals gathering around Rome as we speak?

But there's good news! I just saved 15% on my car insurance by switching to Geico.