Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Did ya miss me?

Hey folks -- I'm back in town. Went to Paris, Amsterdam and Prague; had a great time but now I'm jet-lagged and cobblestone-footed. I'll post all about my trip as soon as I get my internal clock back in gear and get my brain to remember what the heck I've been up to during my adventures. Besides the timezone thing and the 12-hour flight home, I think I'm still pretty hazy from Amsterdam, if you get my drift...

In the meantime, had an absurd crazy dream last night I thought I'd share. Not sure what the heck it means if anything, but I'm sure some shrink would have a field day with it. OK, here goes:

First I seem to be in the desert at Burning Man, only I apparently didn't expect to be there since I have NO supplies, food or water or anything. So I'm desperately running around from camp to camp, begging people to give me some water. Quite weirdly, I'm carrying around a female mannequin's hollow leg and asking for it to be filled with water -- I'm extremely thirsty, but nobody will give me any. OK, so this is all pretty bizarre, right? Well it gets better. Suddenly I'm in a different dream, like changing the channel on a TV. I'm living in a tiny, crumbling apartment somewhere with a pregnant wife -- I don't recall who she might be or what she looks like, but suddenly she starts giving birth. To triplets. Yeah, three of them, all girls. I was prepared for one, but three freaks my ass out. I say to her, "OK, now I'm really gonna kill myself." Probably not a good thing to say to a woman while she's giving birth to your kids, but whatever.

Anyway, so as if all that weren't weird enough, it gets weirder. One of the kids doesn't cry -- instead, every time the bottle falls out of her mouth, which seems to happen a lot, she starts screaming "fuck! fuck! fuck!" until I pick up the bottle and give it back to her. Then she's fine.

Another one of the children doesn't seem important to the dream; she just sits there quietly. But the third one, who looks like a toddler version of Nicole Kidman -- yeah, really -- sits on my lap in a reclining chair, while she and I spin around and take turns pointing out all the crappy things about the tiny apartment. The place is disgusting -- the paint is peeling off the walls; the floor has big holes in it. It's a complete slum. But she and I are laughing about it. Weird, eh?

Right about then I woke up.

Not sure I wanna know what sort of garbage is going on in my head to explain this fucked-up dream, but anyway, there it is. Maybe I need some medication or something. Bueller?

:)

* * *